Prince William and Princess Kate are facing the fallout after the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten Windsor.
While walking into Westminster Abbey for the Commonwealth Day service on Monday, March 9, the royal couple faced protesters from the anti-monarchy group Republic, according to People.
As seen in a video posted by the church, the protesters held up large yellow posters that spelled out, “What did you know?” seemingly in reference to Andrew’s relationship with Jeffrey Epstein. People reported that protesters held a variety of signs addressing the 66-year-old ex-Prince’s scandal and the monarchy as a whole.
MEGA
“Other events have rocked the monarchy, but something from within — where someone is being arrested — is very different,” a palace insider told People. “This is much more serious.”
Additionally, author Robert Jobson told the outlet, “If it comes out that people knew stuff — whether it be members of the family or police or staffers — then heads must roll.”
On February 9, the Prince and Princess of Wales released a statement through their spokesperson about the scandal, which read: “I can confirm the Prince and Princess have been deeply concerned by the continuing revelations. Their thoughts remain focused on the victims,” per People.
ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA
However, William, 43, and Kate, 44, have not spoken out since the former Duke of York’s February 19 arrest for suspicion of misconduct in public office related to his communication with the late convicted sex offender while he was a British trade envoy.
As Star previously reported, authorities arrested Andrew at his temporary home on his brother, King Charles III’s, private Sandringham estate in Norfolk. Andrew — who was stripped of his royal titles and honors by the sovereign, 77, in 2025 — returned home later that evening and has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.