Bill Belichick still isn’t over how CBS handled his now-infamous April 2025 sit-down.
The University of North Carolina head football coach took fresh aim at the network during an appearance on the Hang Out with Sean Hannity podcast, accusing CBS Sunday Morning of deliberately misrepresenting him during his interview with Tony Dokoupil.
“You know, I thought that the interview I had with them was done very deceptively,” Belichick, 74, told Sean Hannity, 64, on the Tuesday, May 19 episode of the podcast. “I’ve asked for the transcript from them, and they won’t give it to me. They’ve done that with others. I’m not really sure what that policy is.”
While he was there to discuss his book The Art of Winning: Lessons from My Life in Football, he talked a lot about the controversial interview and its aftermath. “So I’m kind of confused about some of the things that they say they are, but I don’t really see them living up to the trust that they talk about,” Belichick told Hannity.
NDZ/starmaxinc.com/Newscom/The Mega Agency
The coach also pointed to a pattern, saying on the podcast, “You know, as we’ve seen recently, there have been more editing problems, and they go back over a couple of years — multiple examples of editing and interview process and all that.”
As Star previously reported, the original interview made national headlines when Belichick’s girlfriend Jordon Hudson interjected after Dokoupil, 45, asked how the couple met. “We’re not talking about this,” Hudson, 25, said sternly, shutting down the line of questioning from her seat on the ground, outside the camera frame.
Mattsymons / MEGA
Belichick told Dokoupil at the time that he has “never been too worried about what everyone else thinks,” and that he just tries “to do what I feel like is best for me, and what’s right.”
Beyond the CBS dust-up, Belichick opened up about another sore spot: missing out on a first-ballot Pro Football Hall of Fame selection. “Well, it’s out of my control,” he said on the podcast. “And honestly, I’ve been very focused on my job at the University of North Carolina and the players and the university there. So, you know, whatever happens, happens.”
The coach acknowledged that public support from NFL legend Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski and PresidentDonald Trump following the snub meant a great deal. “It’s great to hear that support from so many people and from so many different fields — not just football, but many others,” he said.