Celebrity News

Katy Perry and Justin Trudeau Were Both in Attendance at The Invictus Games Months Before Montreal Outing

Leanne Aciz Stanton

Published

on

Mega (2)

Katy Perry and Justin Trudeau recently made headlines after stepping out in Montreal — but there’s a chance the pair crossed paths months ago.

Perry, 40, and Trudeau, 53, were both in attendance at The Invictus Games in Vancouver, Canada, in February.

The “Woman’s World” singer served as a headliner for the multi-sport event, which was founded by Prince Harry in 2015 and aims to offer “a recovery pathway for international wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women (WIS),” per the foundation’s website.

MEGA

Meanwhile, the Former Prime Minister of Canada closed the opening ceremony with a speech.

In June, news broke that the former American Idol judge and Orlando Bloom — who share daughter Daisy, 4 — had called off their engagement and gone their separate ways after nine years together.

According to insiders, the former flames’ romance had been going downhill for quite some time. “Katy and Orlando were both so tightly wound,” a source told Star in July. “They started to bicker and it got worse and worse over time. It became borderline toxic.”

MEGA

As Star previously reported, the pop star was spotted dining with Trudeau at Le Violon in Montreal. Footage obtained by TMZ showed the pair sitting across from each other at a table and having a deep discussion.

An eyewitness told the outlet that they ordered cocktails and split a few dishes before heading back to the kitchen after their meal to thank the staff.

Their outing came ahead of Perry’s The Lifetimes Tour concerts in Montreal and Quebec City. (The politician was spotted in the audience at the singer’s Montreal show on July 30 alongside his daughter, Ella-Grace, 16.)

MEGA

Perry has had a difficult few years. Not only did she face backlash for working with Dr. Luke after Kesha sued him for sexual assault and receive criticism for her latest musical ventures, she is involved in an ongoing court battle with disabled veteran Carl Wescott over her Montecito home, which she and Bloom purchased in 2021.

According to The New York Post, a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge ruled that Westcott had no evidence to support his claim that he lacked the mental capacity to sell and enter into a contract for the property.

Though Perry won the first court case and was awarded the property, the second trial on damages is set to begin on August 21 at Stanley Mosk Courthouse in Los Angeles.

Trending News

Celebrity Couples1 week ago

Mark Consuelos Reveals the Shocking Reason Why He’d ‘Stay in a Loveless Marriage’

Taylor Swift1 week ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s Pets Are ‘Having the Hardest Time’ Getting Along Post Wedding

Exclusive1 week ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce ‘Get Back to Reality’ After Fairy Tale Wedding: ‘It’s a Big Change’

Reality TV6 days ago

‘Golden Bachelorette’ Star Chock Chapple Reveals He Had His Prostate Removed, Did It ‘For Joan’ Vassos

Exclusive7 days ago

Meghan Markle Is ‘Fuming’ Over Martha Stewart’s Comments, Vows to ‘Hit’ Back ‘Where It Matters Most’

Business1 week ago

Nikki Glaser Makes Surprising Career Move by Firing UTA Agents ‘Without Warning,’ Signing With WME

Celebrity1 week ago

Britney Spears Says Botox Left Her Eye Drooping for Four Weeks: ‘So Embarrassing’

Ejae and Leonardo DiCaprio Ejae and Leonardo DiCaprio
Celebrity News5 days ago

‘KPop Demon Hunters’ Star Reveals Leonardo DiCaprio Left Her ‘Put Off’ During BAFTAs Performance

News1 week ago

‘Cobra Kai’ Star Martin Kove Rescued During Nashville Flash Flood, Thanks First Responders

Celebrity Couples5 days ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Wedding Guest Defends Couple Amid NDA Backlash: ‘That’s Their Choice’

Celebrity News1 week ago

Brooklyn Beckham Leaves Fans Grossed Out With Unusual Pasta Cooking Method

Exclusive7 days ago

Lewis Hamilton Caters to Girlfriend Kim Kardashian’s Every Whim: ‘He’s Completely Under Her Spell’