Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce will seemingly have to handle security themselves on their wedding day.
On Tuesday, May 19, the New York Postreported that New York State Assembly Democrats discussed adding a $250,000 item to the state budget to fund security for the pop star, 36, and the 36-year-old Kansas City Chief tight end’s big day, which is rumored to take place in NYC on Friday, July 3.
However, a source told the outlet the funding was scrapped from the agenda. Instead, the conversation shifted to whether they should implore state troopers to provide security for the A-list couple’s nuptials.
A representative for Governor Kathy Hochul said there will be no money specifically reserved in the budget for the star-studded event.
MEGA
As Star previously reported, the “Fortnight” hitmaker and athlete — who announced their engagement in August 2025 — have been extremely tight-lipped about their wedding plans.
TMZ reported on Thursday, May 14, that instead of sending out save-the-dates, the singer-songwriter was personally calling guests to inform them the wedding was happening this summer, but was still not giving the exact date or location.
“They want total control — and total privacy,” a source told journalist Rob Shuter in the Tuesday, April 21, edition of his Naughty But Nice Substack. “Details won’t be shared, until the very last minute.”
In October, Swift spoke about her nuptials on The Graham Norton Show, explaining she wasn’t putting a cap on the number of guests.
“I know it’s going to be fun to plan because I think the only stressful weddings are the ones where you have a small amount [of invites], and people are on the bubble, and you have to evaluate or assess your relationship with them to see if they should be there,” she shared. “I’m not going to do that.”