Meghan Markle’s dad now says he wants to walk his daughter down the aisle after previously saying he would miss her wedding due to health issues.
On Monday, Thomas Markle told reporters who would miss the royal wedding following his heart attack and photo scandal, but now has a change of heart.
The following day, Thomas explained that he would be walking his daughter down the aisle after all. He claimed the staged photodrama was “stupid” but not bad enough to keep him away from London for Meghan’s big day.
However, according to reports, is that Thomas is still experiencing chest pains, and doctors believe his body suffered serious damage after the heart attack.
Meanwhile, Meghan reportedly pleaded with her father to be there when she weds Prince Harry this Saturday, May 19.
Kensington Palace issued a statement asking for respect during the “difficult situation.”
“This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding. She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation,” the statement read.
It is still unsure whether Thomas’ health scare would allow him to be there, but sources previously said that the father of the bride was looking forward to the nuptials.
“Last thing we heard from Meghan was that her dad was ready to go and excited to walk her,” said the source.
The insider added: “She wanted her dad to be there and be a part of the wedding. It’s sad. Meghan wasn’t allowed to invite that many people.”