Celebrity News

Taylor Frankie Paul Announces She’s Leaving the Mormon Church: ‘There Is More Out There to Learn’

Whitney Danhauer

Published

on

Disney/Sami Drasin

Taylor Frankie Paul is going her own way amid her latest legal woes.

The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives star, 31, revealed via her Instagram Story on Sunday, April 5, that she’s leaving the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (also known as the Mormon church).

“Born and raised Mormon (lds) and I’ll always have love and respect towards it. I’ll even continue to go with my family at times,” Paul wrote. “With that being said, it’s time to detach myself from it.”

The reality star added that she still believes in “in Christ, God, the bible, the divine” and that “we are loved whether we are praying in [a] church building or from a bathroom floor at home.”

“I’ve also experienced grace and love from amazing people that aren’t sure what they believe, if at all, and that’s okay too,” Paul concluded. “Point being there is more out there to learn, And I’m writing this out as a release.”

Paul first made headlines as a TikTok creator after she revealed that she and her now ex-husband, Tate Paul, were getting divorced due to a swinging scandal. Hulu eventually gave her and several of her friends from “MomTok” their own reality show.

LISA OConnor/AFF-USA.com / MEGA

After three seasons on the series, ABC announced that she had been chosen as the lead in season 22 of The Bachelorette. However, days before it was set to premiere, filming was paused on season 5 of The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives. The Draper City Police confirmed to People that Paul and ex-boyfriend Dakota Mortensen were being investigated for a “domestic assault” incident.

Shortly after the news broke, TMZ released video footage of a previous violent altercation with her and Mortensen, 33.

During their fight, Paul threw multiple metal bar stools at Mortensen and one of them accidentally collided with her daughter, Indy. (She shares Indy and son, Ocean, with Tate, as well as her younger son, Ever, with Mortensen.)

As Star previously reported, ABC then announced that they had pulled the plug on Paul’s season of The Bachelorette.

“Taylor is very grateful for ABC’s support as she prioritizes her family’s safety and security. After years of silently suffering extensive mental and physical abuse as well as threats of retaliation, Taylor is finally gaining the strength to face her accuser and taking steps to ensure that she and her children are protected from any further harm,” a rep for Paul later said in a statement to People.

It remains unclear if filming will resume on The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives or if Paul will return to the show.

Trending News

Celebrity News3 days ago

Pete Davidson and More Stars Undergo Emergency Training During Firefighter Challenge

Celebrity News12 hours ago

Nikki Glaser Admitted Her Boyfriend Isn’t Into Her ‘Weird Fetish’ of Hooking Up With Others

Celebrity Couples11 hours ago

Jason Biggs’ Ego Boost After Losing Weight Played a Role in Jenny Mollen Divorce

Celebrity News7 hours ago

Hayden Panettiere Reveals Her Daughter Calls Her By a Very Strange Nickname: ‘Stunned Me’

Celebrity3 days ago

The Rip’ Lawsuit: Can Real Cops Sue Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Over Too Real’ Characters?

TV News5 hours ago

Clay Aiken Says Simon Cowell Called Him ‘Ugly’ on ‘American Idol’: Judges Now Are ‘Much Kinder’

Royals6 hours ago

Inside Prince William’s Surprising New Plan to Sell Part of His Land Estate to Generate $670 Million

Celebrity News6 hours ago

Tom Cruise Agreed to Make ‘Top Gun’ After Puking During a Flight With the Blue Angels

Exclusive4 hours ago

‘Call Her Daddy’ Mogul Alex Cooper ‘Trying to Do Too Much’ Amid Expanding Empire and Baby News

News4 hours ago

LeBron James, Sofia Vergara And The Wildest Grand Opening Vegas Has Ever Seen: Inside OMNIA Dayclub’s Unforgettable Debut Weekend