Legal News

Blake Lively Seeks Damages From Justin Baldoni Following Court Settlement

Kayla Aldecoa

Published

on

blake lively
Mega

Blake Lively is taking Justin Baldoni back to court.

The Gossip Girl alum, 38, returned to court on Monday, June 1, seeking damages from the director, 42, over the defamation case he filed against her.

Despite a judge throwing the case out — and the former It Ends With Us co-stars settling the sexual harassment lawsuit Lively filed against Baldoni — the actress wants him to pay her legal fees, along with triple damages and punitive damages, per Daily Mail.

ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA; Steven Bergman/AFF-USA.COM / MEGA

Trouble between the two began on the set of the movie adaptation of Colleen Hoover‘s best-selling book. After the film’s release, Lively filed a complaint against Baldoni, accusing him of “unprofessional” behavior on set.

The New York Times published an investigation in December 2024 detailing Lively’s list of allegations against her co-star. Baldoni claimed, in a lawsuit against the Times filed later that month, that the outlet “cherry-picked’ and altered communications” in order to deliberately mislead. That lawsuit was dismissed in June 2025 and, as Star previously reported, the Times sued Baldoni’s production company in September 2025 for compensatory and punitive damages in the amount of $150,000.

Baldoni and Lively went back and forth with accusations of sexual harassment, defamation, and retaliation. 

In June 2025, the Jane the Virgin star’s lawsuit against Lively was dismissed by a judge. The judge noted that Baldoni’s legal team could still amend the claims for breach of implied covenant and tortious interference with contract. However, Baldoni and his team failed to amend the claims by the given deadline, and the judge officially ended the suit in October.

Mega

The following April, the same judge dismissed most of Lively’s claims against Baldoni, including sexual harassment, defamation and conspiracy.

Baldoni and Lively reached an undisclosed settlement earlier this month, two weeks before their trial was scheduled to begin.

According to People, the settlement agreement says that the actress can still pursue legal fees and damages against Baldoni and his production company, Wayfarer Studios. Baldoni and the Wayfarer parties reportedly “irrevocably” waived an appeal in the settlement agreement.

Trending News

Celebrity Couples1 week ago

Mark Consuelos Reveals the Shocking Reason Why He’d ‘Stay in a Loveless Marriage’

Taylor Swift1 week ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s Pets Are ‘Having the Hardest Time’ Getting Along Post Wedding

Exclusive1 week ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce ‘Get Back to Reality’ After Fairy Tale Wedding: ‘It’s a Big Change’

Reality TV6 days ago

‘Golden Bachelorette’ Star Chock Chapple Reveals He Had His Prostate Removed, Did It ‘For Joan’ Vassos

Exclusive7 days ago

Meghan Markle Is ‘Fuming’ Over Martha Stewart’s Comments, Vows to ‘Hit’ Back ‘Where It Matters Most’

Business1 week ago

Nikki Glaser Makes Surprising Career Move by Firing UTA Agents ‘Without Warning,’ Signing With WME

Celebrity1 week ago

Britney Spears Says Botox Left Her Eye Drooping for Four Weeks: ‘So Embarrassing’

Ejae and Leonardo DiCaprio Ejae and Leonardo DiCaprio
Celebrity News6 days ago

‘KPop Demon Hunters’ Star Reveals Leonardo DiCaprio Left Her ‘Put Off’ During BAFTAs Performance

News1 week ago

‘Cobra Kai’ Star Martin Kove Rescued During Nashville Flash Flood, Thanks First Responders

Celebrity News1 week ago

Brooklyn Beckham Leaves Fans Grossed Out With Unusual Pasta Cooking Method

Celebrity Couples6 days ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Wedding Guest Defends Couple Amid NDA Backlash: ‘That’s Their Choice’

Exclusive7 days ago

Lewis Hamilton Caters to Girlfriend Kim Kardashian’s Every Whim: ‘He’s Completely Under Her Spell’