Royals

Prince William Makes Rare Remarks on Princess Kate’s Cancer Recovery: ‘She’s Been Through So Much’

Olivia Bellusci

Published

on

James Whatling

Prince William is grateful to have Princess Kate by his side following her cancer battle.

On Friday, May 22, the Prince of Wales 43 — who shares Prince George, 12, Princess Charlotte, 11, and Prince Louis, 8, with Kate, 44 — appeared on Heart Breakfast, a U.K. radio show, and reflected on the Princess of Wales’ first work trip abroad since she shared her cancer diagnosis with the world in March 2024.

As Star previously reported, the mom of three visited Reggio Emilia, a city in Northern Italy, with The Royal Foundation Center for Early Childhood on a solo trip from Wednesday, May 13 to Thursday, May 14.

“So proud, I’m very, very proud. She’s been amazing. She’s been through so much in the last couple of years, particularly,” William shared. “She’d been looking forward to the Italian trip a lot. And so I’m really glad it went really well. She wanted to go and do lots of research. She spends, God knows how much time now, looking through all the paperwork. She’s a proper pro on early years.”

ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

“Most evenings I’m fighting to get past in the bedroom, what paperwork that she’s got lined up, ready to read,” he joked. “So, I’m so pleased it went well for her, and yeah, I think she came back buzzing.”

“She’s an amazing mum, an amazing wife, and, literally, our family couldn’t cope without her, so she’s been absolutely stunning, brilliant,” William further gushed in the interview.

William also noted that Kate — who revealed in a January 2025 X post that she was in remission — is “edging herself back into doing more and more of those trips.”

James Whatling / MEGA

“Away trips like that take a lot out of you,” he explained. “So we have to balance that, make sure she’s, she’s OK and rested, but she’s in good form.”

Ahead of her Italian visit, a source told Star on Tuesday, May 12, that Kate’s “finally feeling totally healthy again and really strong and she wants to be of service,” noting, “She’s saying this is only the first of many trips she plans to make.”

Trending News

Celebrity Couples2 days ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Almost Got $250K Wedding Gift From New York Taxpayers

Celebrity News2 days ago

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Owe More Than $2 Million in ‘Contractor Debt’ for Home They’re Building

Royals1 day ago

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘Watching Every Dollar,’ Reluctant to ‘Dip Into His Inheritance’

Diana Kate Diana Kate
Royals2 days ago

Princess Kate Is Being Set Up as the Next Princess Diana, Whether She Wants It or Not

Exclusive3 days ago

Britney Spears’ Family Feel ‘Helpless’ Amid ‘Self-Destructive’ Antics: ‘Just Spectators to Her Life Now’

Royals2 days ago

Meghan Markle Reveals Prince Harry’s Unusual 8th Wedding Anniversary Gift

Celebrity News2 days ago

Cher ‘Refuses to Be an Enabler’ After Cutting Off Son Elijah Blue Allman Amid Ongoing Troubles

Hot Topics3 days ago

The View’s Joy Behar Slams John Travolta for Wearing a Beret: ‘That Doesn’t Make You a Director’

Royals2 days ago

Prince William May Bring Prince George to the US for the First Time Soon: ‘Over the Moon With Excitement’

Reality TV3 days ago

Amanda Batula and West Wilson Face Major Backlash in ‘Summer House’ Reunion Teaser

Legal News1 day ago

Britney Spears Told Officer She Could ‘Drink Four Bottles of Wine and Take Care of You’ During Arrest

Sports2 days ago

Aaron Rodgers Announces He Plans to Retire From the NFL After 2026 Season