Kevin Spacey posted a bizarre video as his former House of Cards character Frank Underwood on the same day new felony sexual assault charges against him were announced. “They are just dying to have me declare that everything said is true and I got what I deserved. Wouldn’t that be easy?” he said in part, addressing the allegations in a very roundabout way. Watch the video above.
Kevin, 59, spoke directly to the camera, using his fake southern accent. “I know what you want,” he said, creepily. “Oh sure, they may have tried to separate us, but what we have is too strong, too powerful.”
“After all, we shared everything, you and I. I told you my deepest, darkest secrets. I showed you exactly what people are capable of,” he continued.
“I shocked you with my honesty, but mostly I challenged you and made you think. And you trusted me, even though you knew you shouldn’t,” the disgraced actor continued.
“So we’re not done, no matter what anyone says. And besides, I know what you want. You want me back,” he proclaimed. Backlash to the video was swift on social media.
Kevin was accused of sexual assault and harassment by many men last year, including actor Anthony Rapp. Netflix cut him from House of Cards, Ridley Scott recast him in All the Money in the World, and he has mostly receded from public life since. This video is one of his first public statements.
The bizarre video comes on the heels of an announcement of new assault charges against the actor. He’s being accused of sexually assaulting the then-teenaged son of former Boston WCVB-TV news anchor Heather Unruh at a Nantucket bar in July 2016, according to authorities.
He will be arraigned on a charge of indecent assault and battery at Nantucket District Court on Jan. 7, 2019.
What do you think of Kevin’s video? Sound off in the comments!