A judge has denied the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s request that Chris Brown be removed from rehab…and taken into custody. During a court case on Monday, prosecutors called for a hearing to prove the singer had violated his probation from the famous 2009 Rihanna assault case.
In October, Chris was accused of assault once again in Washington D.C, which the DA says is a violation of his probation. Following the incident, on Nov. 20, the 24-year-old was ordered to spend three months in rehab. His attorney says that, since then, he has been “making great strides,” completed 109 hours of community service, and had four drug tests come back negative.
The L.A. Superior Court Judge agreed with Chris’ attorney, deciding not to send him to jail. Of course, he’ll still have to comply with the court’s orders to continue time in the treatment center and abstain from drugs, including medical marijuana.
The “Don’t Wake Me Up” singer pled “not guilty” to the D.C. assault charges, and is due back in court for that case on Feb. 20. He’ll have another probation-violation hearing on Feb. 28, as well, so the L.A. judge can take the decision from that case into consideration and get an update on Chris’ progress.