Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WinClumpSeal
STAR – ARM & HAMMER™/CLUMP & SEAL™ Cat Litter
#LoveMyClumpAndSeal CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES:
PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to individual legal residents of the United States of America who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and have purchased and used the product. Directors, officers, shareholders, employees, and agents of Sponsor, as well as directors, officers, shareholders, employees, and agents of advertising and/or promotional partners and agencies of Sponsor, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their spouses) of each of the foregoing, are not eligible. Void outside of the United States of America, in AZ, LA, IA, TN, NJ and ND, and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the “STAR/#lovemyclumpandseal” tweet (“Contest”) is American Media, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10004.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on February 5, 2014 at 12:01 A.M. (EST) on and ends at 11:59 P.M. on March 28, 2014 (the “Contest Period”).
4. ENTRY: Sign in to your Twitter account. If you do not have an account, visit http://www.twitter.com to create one. Twitter accounts are free. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply.
To enter, send a Tweet about how much you love ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ Cat Litter to #lovemyclumpandseal. All Tweets must be truthful, accurately reflect your experience using ARM & HAMMER Clump & Seal Cat Litter, and disclose that your Tweet is serving as a contest entry by using #contest in the beginning of the Tweet. If the judges choose it, your Tweet may appear in the pages of STAR. The Judges are looking for creativity 25%; originality 50%; and humor 25%. All entries must be made via Twitter. No other form of entry is permitted and will not be accepted. All entries must be received during the Contest Period.
Entrant is responsible for all fees charged by any Internet Service Provider. Upon their receipt, entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries are void if received through illegitimate channels or if they are the result of fraud. Limit one Entry per person.
5. PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: On or about April 4, 2014, Sponsor will choose one winner from among all eligible entries. On or about April 11, 2014 Sponsor will attempt to notify the winner by email and/or telephone. Any prize notification that is returned as undeliverable, is otherwise unsuccessful, or is not accepted via email or telephone within 24 hours will result in disqualification, and Sponsor may select an alternate winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Only the prize set forth below will be awarded. In no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Winners will have to complete an affidavit of eligibility and enclose a receipt indicating purchase of ARM & HAMMER Clump & Seal Cat Litter prior to the submission of the Entry during the Contest Period. Sponsor may feature the winning entry and certain other entries in STAR.
One Grand Prize: One (1) winner will receive the following prizes:
- Bluetooth Handset Gloves: $99
- Apple TV: $99
- iPad Air: $499
- BARCELONA Citizen Bike 20″ 3-speed Folding Cruiser with Alloy Frame: $399
Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize: $1,096.00.
Prize winner is responsible for all expenses not listed in these rules and for payment of any applicable federal, state, and/or local taxes. Grand Prize winner is also responsible for compliance with any applicable federal, state, and/or local laws and/or regulations. Grand Prize is not transferable. Cash redemption, exchange or substitution is not allowed except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize that is not available for any reason.
7. HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE: Contest winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, and, if so, all required documents must be signed and returned to Sponsor within seven days of the date Sponsor sends them to winner. By accepting the prize, the winner grants permission to the Sponsor to use his or her name and/or photographs, likenesses, voices, any statement by winner, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS: This Contest is governed by the laws of New York. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses
9. WINNERS LIST: For a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor. All requests must be received by April 15, 2014. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
10. RELEASE: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Church & Dwight Co., Inc. (“CHD”) and its and their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, its advertising and promotion agencies, and their directors, officers, shareholders, employees and/or agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, liability, losses, and expenses arising out of this Contest or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize received in this Contest. Entrants agree that no claim relating to such claims, damages, liability, losses, and expenses will be asserted against the Sponsor, CHD or any of its and their subsidiaries or affiliates, or their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees and/or agents. By accepting a prize, winners agrees to release and hold the Sponsor and CHD harmless from any and all claims, damages, liability, losses, and expenses and actions of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage. Winner assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
12. CONDUCT: By entering this Contest entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor which will be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor, CHD and participating promotional agencies (and the subsidiaries and affiliates of each) are not in any way responsible or liable for damage, loss, or injury resulting from altered, late, lost, damaged, misdirected, or illegible entries, or telephone, computer, online or technical malfunctions (including busy lines and disconnections), or acceptance and use of a prize or travel in connection with such prize. The Sponsor and CHD are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information utilized in the Contest or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest. The Sponsor and CHD assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. The Sponsor and CHD are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer related or resulting from participation or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. Is Sponsor does so, Sponsor will award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the Contest termination and will post notice of the termination on its Twitter feed.
14. CHD is not a Sponsor of the Contest and did not provide the Contest Prize.